Why do people love MacBook?
- First and foremost, of course, many people love design. The stylish and thin (1.3 cm for the Air model) silver-colored metal body with the apple logo (which in older models had additional backlighting) attracts attention. But if literally ten years ago, MacBook didn’t have a choice, now almost every Windows notebook maker makes something with a similar design and a similar slim body.
- However, at one time, the MacBoook was a revolution, not only because of the design but because of the combination of power and a small body: a device weighing 1.5 to 2 kg fit into a full-fledged workstation, on which professionals could do their work anywhere. can work. Thus, Apple opened the ultrabook category – powerful, stylish and compact devices that look advantageous against the classic “rough” and bulky models.
- However, it is worth understanding that this power is designed purely for work and gaming. The MacBoook has never been more suitable: It’s never been easier to play anything on a Mac, and game performance could often be better. That’s because MacBooks often don’t have powerful graphics cards—many models only have a graphics chip built into the processor.
- It’s about the macOS operating system, which is another differentiator for Apple computers. It may run more stable and faster than Windows, but it gives the user little freedom to deal with problems as they arise, and this is similar to the logic of Linux.
- And the MacBook has always had a great high-definition screen with great color, which is why it’s a favorite of photographers, designers, video editors, and others who work with color and images. However, ordinary users can appreciate the high quality of the picture even when watching videos on YouTube.
- MacBooks have always differed from Windows laptops with their touchpads – the glass-covered surfaces support gestures, making it very easy to control the computer with one hand without connecting an external mouse.
However, years later, Windows notebook makers have been able to replicate much of Apple’s wisdom.
Can a Mac be replaced with a Windows computer?
As you may have realized, most of the MacBook’s distinguishing features are in the quality components. But, unfortunately, for almost a decade and a half since the introduction of modern models like the MacBook Air, manufacturers of Windows-based computers have been able to successfully copy and sometimes even bypass Apple devices.
Therefore, it’s fine to find a Windows laptop with a high-resolution screen, even if you want the same non-standard resolution as a MacBook. In addition, there are laptops in the market with OLED displays with excellent color rendering, which Apple cannot offer.
In addition, over the past few years, ultrabooks on Windows have made great strides in terms of ergonomics – finding a metal device weighing less than 2 kg is not a problem. Touchpads are also much better – some manufacturers have even started making them with a glass surface, and Windows has learned to work with gestures.
The only thing Windows notebooks don’t offer is preinstalled macOS. However, as the years go by, more and more questions arise, whether it is necessary at all. System speed from Apple has been achieved primarily through the use of high-quality SSD drives instead of classic hard drives, but due to the thinner chassis, almost all computers are now installed with SSDs.
Finally, the answer to the question “Is it possible to replace a Mac with a Windows computer?” There is a positive – only in some cases, professionals may lack specialized software, which does not have a version for Windows.
MacBook Alternatives on Windows
Windows offers a wide range of MacBook alternatives. All of these options provide the same experience as the MacBook and offer powerful performance, great battery life, and sleek designs.
HUAWEI MateBook X Pro
An excellent competitor to the MacBoook Pro – the same stylish, lightweight and powerful device for the work of real professionals. The model has an aluminum body (you can choose from three colors: white, blue and emerald green) and weighs only 1.38 kg.
Under the hood is a powerful Intel Core i7-1260P processor, 16GB of RAM and a speedy one-terabyte SSD. Such a set is enough for almost any task.
Separately, it is worth noting the screen, which in some respects is superior to its counterparts from Apple. In addition to the high resolution (3120 × 2080 pixels), it has a refresh rate of 90 Hz, which makes the image incredibly smooth and pleasing to the eye.
A slightly more modest model that appeals mainly because of its combination of price, quality and great design. The device has an aluminum body in two colors: gray and white.
A large 16.1-inch screen with Full HD resolution has a standard aspect ratio of 16:9, and a powerful AMD Ryzen 5600H processor with 16 GB of built-in memory allows you to comfortably multitask – and across tables to build a report and open a dozen or two tabs in Chrome.
This model from HP is in great demand due to the successful combination of price and quality. Although the entire body of this laptop is not made of metal and partially made of plastic, the excellent build and light weight (1.69 kg) make the laptop look great and easy to carry.
The performance also pleases: a modern, powerful Intel Core i5-1135G7 processor is paired here with 12 GB of RAM, which is enough for most business tasks.
HUAWEI MateBook 16S
This powerful model from Huawei also offers buyers a choice: get a powerful laptop with an Intel Core i7-12700 processor or buy a powerful laptop with a prohibitive Intel Core i9-12900H processor with 14 cores and higher performance.
In any configuration, this notebook is ready for all your work tasks – you can enhance your photos in Photoshop and edit videos. It has a large 16-inch screen with a high resolution of 2520 × 1680 pixels, 16 GB of memory and an internal high-speed SSD for one terabyte.
2 thoughts on “Best laptop and that can compete with MacBook”
Hi! I could have sworn I’ve been to your blog before but after going through many of the posts I realized it’s new to me. Anyways, I’m certainly happy I stumbled upon it and I’ll be book-marking it and checking back regularly!
Hello, I really like your blog! I tend to agree with your point as I am currently employed as a technical support representatives for a full-service BPO company.